Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What We're Reading Wednesday: August 31, 2016




It's been a bit of a stressful week, especially yesterday. I haven't been feeling well, and then my poor little pup sprained his right front paw. I brought him to the vet yesterday, and they prescribed a painkiller and lots of rest, which is very hard to enforce on an active little guy, but we're hanging in there. Today was better than yesterday, that's for sure.

Work is going well. My students this year are (knock on wood) really great, and the school year is starting off nicely.

So here's what I'm reading:



These are my two e-reads. Surrender, New York is taking me a lot longer than I had expected. It's a long book for sure, but the issue is that the story isn't grabbing me like I had hoped. I loved Carr's The Alienist and The Italian Secretary, but his new book isn't living up to the high standards he set with his previous works. It's not a bad book by any means, but it's just not great either.

I just started Death on Windmill Way, and so far it's a fun cozy mystery with a great setting. I'm excited to see where this one goes.



I'm trying to read all my library books before they're due back, and this was the next one up! It's pretty good so far, and is reading a bit like an updated version of Killing Mr. Griffin.



These are the three books on my nightstand, and I'm rotating them as before bed reading. I like to have the option of non-fiction or fiction depending on what I'm in the mood for that night.

What are you reading? Anything you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment