This survey is created and hosted by the wonderful Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner!
Number Of Books You Read: 205
Number of Re-Reads: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: Mystery (including thriller/suspense), followed by true crime and non-fiction
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
At the end of the year, I love to list all my favorite reads for the year--I'm terrible at picking just one! I have not included re reads in this list, as if I re read a book, it's been a favorite for a while--I went with books I read for the first time in 2016 :) So here are my favorite reads, in no particular order:
First of all, a shout out to my amazingly talented friends and family, including my sister-in-law and my friend, who are wonderful writers:
And now, my other favorites:
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I love Sherlock Holmes so much, I always get a little apprehensive reading such different takes on the characters. But these interpretations were fantastic!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2016?
Best Sequel of 2016?
Best Series Ender of 2016?
(this was the last in the trilogy, though there are novellas and prequels as well)
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Alexandra Oliva and Ruth Ware
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
This book was way more science fiction than I normally read, but I absolutely loved it.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Jane Steele, Zoo (The Last One), and Plumdog
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
"You learn to appreciate the fact that what drives you is very different from what you're told should make you happy. You learn that it's okay to prefer your personal idea of heaven (live-tweeting zombie movies from under a blanket of kittens) rather than someone else's idea that fame/fortune/parties are the pinnacle we should all reach for. And there's something surprisingly freeing about that."-Furiously Happy
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Jason/Daniela (Dark Matter)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Abigail & Jackaby (Jackaby)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
R.F. Jackaby (Jackaby)
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Books Movies Reviews Oh My! is a new favorite of mine.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
I really enjoyed writing the review for As I Descended, and really felt like I had a lot to say, so I will go with that one :)
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The Broke and The Bookish Secret Santa, Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, and COYER
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
The community, getting to read and review so many great books, and anytime an author I admire reached out to me
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Just keeping up with everything!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I think it was Ten TV Shows I Wish Had Never Been Canceled.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
More great magnetic bookmark makers!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did--I completed the Mount TBR challenge (Mount Kilimanjaro level), Cruisin' Through the Cozies (Level 4), the Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge, and Semi-Charmed Winter Book Challenge 2016.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
There's so many, but I'm particularly excited to read the new Louise Penny, the Hamilton biography, and Hamilton: A Revolution. Plus I'm finally going to read With Malice, and This Is Our Story, which so many fellow bloggers were buzzing about.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Get my Netgalley percentage up to 80%, and read a lot of books off my TBR shelves!
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The only 2017 release I've read so far is The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett, which I was uncertain about at first, but ended up liking quite a bit.
Happy New Year everyone!