Sunday, December 6, 2015

Murder Most Finicky by Liz Mugavero


I was given an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for a review. This did not effect my opinion or review of the book.

Murder Most Finicky is a cozy mystery with a baker, nicknamed Stan, as its protagonist. But Stan is a baker for pets, especially cats, which is why Sheldon Allyn, a celebrity pastry chef, wants her on board in his business empire. But when Sheldon brings together some of the top chefs to spend a weekend together preparing a dinner to impress new investors, past secrets and new jealousies collide to end in murder.

This was a really enjoyable read. The characters are all quirky and colorful, though sometimes there were so many characters I had a hard time keeping track of who was who. Stan comes across as very real, struggling to figure out how to balance her family, her romance, and her booming business, and wanting to decide on what she really needs out of life.

The mystery began quickly, which I always appreciate, and the book's pacing did not let up from there. There was always something happening to keep the reader's attention, and the food descriptions made me want to start cooking up a storm. The romance was very sweet, and while an integral part of the plot, did not overpower it.

I would definitely recommend this book to my friends and family who love cozy mysteries like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment