Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith


This is a fun, clever read that was sent to me by a dear friend, and book twin, Nicole, who knows my tastes very well. I enjoy horror, as well as twists on classics, and this book fit the bill perfectly, besides being very funny to boot.

The characters are the same in name, and mostly in deed, save for some being expert fighters of the dreaded zombie hordes that swarm through England. The classic romances, and lines are all there, with some bawdy humor and a multitude of cracked skulls, beheadings, and honor duels mixed in as well.

I feel like this is a book that you can enjoy if you haven't read the original, but that you get more joy out of if you have partaken in Austen's classic previous to the reading of this zombie-infested version.

I'm definitely looking forward to the movie of this book.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment