Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!!

This is my first time participating in the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, and I could not be more excited!! It is the perfect day for this-chilly outside, warm inside, and this was already a day I had been planning on hibernating and reading.

This is where I will be posting my updates on what I'm reading, how many pages I've read, what I've finished, etc. I will also be posting my introductory meme below, as well as posting on my twitter account, so feel free to follow my progress there as well!


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

 I am reading from Chicago! I'm curled up in my cozy little apartment with my beloved dog, Sherlock.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? 

Really, all of them! I have a stack of library books, and shelves of TBR, and I'm so happy to have a day to just curl up and read them. I'm excited to finish Lost at Sea by Jon Ronson, so that will be my first read.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

 Hmm...well, I'm making brunch for myself currently, so I would say the fried egg and veggie bacon sandwiches I will be eating soon.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a Pre-K teacher, my favorite things to read are mysteries and true crime, and my favorite author of all-time is Agatha Christie. I love tea, especially chai, and have a miniature poodle named Sherlock who is the love of my life.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? 

This is my first Readathon, and I am just so excited to spend a chilly day curled up inside reading, and to have the time to do it! Life has been really busy lately, and its so nice to have a day like this.



Readathon Updates:

Currently reading: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
Unfair: The New Science on Criminal Injustice by Adam Benforado
Finished books: 
1) Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries by Jon Ronson (a book in progress from earlier this week, so started in today on page 283)
2) Darke Academy: Lost Spirits by Gabriella Poole

Pages read:  538


No comments:

Post a Comment